Monday, February 11, 2013

Up this morning and had the free breakfast at the motel and were going to use the hot tub when it opened at 10 am but they had just drained it were just re-filling it - so that was out - so I thought I would live dangerously (couldn't talk Randy into it....) and went down the 3 story waterslide!!!!!!!!!!! the first time I went down I was careful and used my hands to slow me down till I knew what it was like.......the 2nd time I didn't hang on and I whipped around the curves so fast I couldn't stay sitting up!!! After that went to the chamber of commerce to find out about the race and met Sonny Lavalle "The Legend" who has run the race 15 years but not this year- he drove us around town in his car to show us the race site and where to train - and who should be there at the training trail, but Eddy Streeper - so he took Randy out on the trail on a snowmobile to show him the trail - then we trained 3 teams of 8 - after hearing that the trail is pretty straightforward I may be running it as well!! It's Thursday and Friday and there is a big banquet on Saturday at the finish of the 10 dog race. Tonite we are probably parking at the tire barn where they do the dog chipping for the race on Wednesday - and then Wed nite is the driver's meeting, a parade and fireworks!!! I am really looking forward to all the fun!! Talk again when we have wifi.

No comments: