Thursday, January 21, 2021

update through 1/21

Wednesday January 20

Trained the same distance today (I thought it was 17 miles but I learned it is only 15) both teams and when we came back from the first team run, Randy said it was the best run he has had all year!!!  At over 600 training miles that’s quite a comment!!!  The second team was a bit slower than the Yeti/Sidney team but still did good!  We had one little problem at the turnaround with the 2ndteam…………I couldn’t see the tracks well from my first time leading the team around the tree and think some snowmobilers had made new tracks – so I cut back to the trail faster than I should have…..which took me over a snowbank…….which jostled me and made me goose the throttle and sent me all the way off the other side of the trail heading for the river!!!!!  I managed to turn quick enough to avoid the river but the bad part was the dogs were following me wherever I went, which meant they were off the opposite side of the trail too!!!!  I barely cut right in front of them going the right direction and they swerved and followed me!!!!!!  I did get yelled at………..the only time he ever calls me Cris is when I do something wrong………

We went into town again (now that we are unhooked from the trailer it makes it much easier!) and Randy surprised me by buying me a bouquet of flowers!!!!  (guess he wasn’t too mad at me………)

Thursday January 21

Not much action today – got up and helped both Bruce and Ryan get their teams hooked up, had breakfast and took a nap cause I was feeling pukey – Laura ran a small team with puppies in it for 8  miles and she took one of our injured/recovering dogs with her – she did fine for an old girl – so now we have to figure out how to work her back into the team slowly!!!

Going to town again – there isn’t any water here where we are parked so we are almost out of both people and dog water!!! 

1 comment:

Trenkle Family said...

It was so nice to talk to you today!!! Love you both!