Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Mored info!!

 

Happy Valentines everyone !!!!!

We have been here at Deer Park for about five days and have trained three times and because it rained last night what was a beautiful training trail probably isn’t as beautiful anymore.

We trained yesterday and if I hadn’t been there I would’ve thought Randy had made the whole thing up because we had so many things happen bed in the course of an hour it doesn’t even seem possible!!!! first of all a dog ate his harness then we got them all hooked up into the lines and we’re ready to go and Randy couldn’t get the stick to move to release him and the 14 dog team from the truck – then when he did get going the front end of the team wasn’t ready and they got balled up. While I was trying to untangle them another dog bit the tug line into. Then he got going again and two females in the team started fighting. So I had to move one of the two girls into another place to prevent them from fighting again then he finally left and I got on the snowmachine and followed him. Then while we are about halfway done with the training run the snow machine quit. I tried to figure out what was wrong did not and walked back to where I knew Randy would becoming back on the trail after going around the circle. I told him I didn’t know what was wrong he thought maybe it was the choke. So she told me to get on and go back with him on the sled and I did not want to do they’re going over a very hilly section of trail with 14 dogs. So I stayed at the snowmobile and waited for someone to come and help me. And that time I made a snow gnome and even laid down on the snowmobile for a little while. So Ken Chezik came to my aid and by that time I had looked at the gas cap and it sure looked like it was on empty to me! So Ken told me and the snowmobile and the drag back to our truck and then when I got there I found out that in just the blink of an eye one of the dogs had gotten loose and bread one of the other females! These things only happen in the movies!

So tomorrow morning we’re getting up early-ish and going to take off for iron River Wisconsin. We hope to be there some time midday on Friday. They’re having a dinner writing night and drivers meeting so we want to be sure and be there by then. Then Saturday and Sunday hopefully I’ll be able to write to you and let you know how Randy’s done and the race and after this weekend we don’t know where we’re going for sure so you and I will find out at the same time!

No comments: