Friday, February 6, 2009

So I'm delinquent.......missed a day of posting!!

Wednesday nite dinner with the priest was delightful - he spent 3 years in Pennsylvania to learn to speak English and is a good conversationalis! We even had Randy's favorite, sugar pie, for dessert!

Thursday they dragged the training trail at Bellerives and they did train but when Randy went out on the snowmobile to check it himself, his feet sunk in the trail and he decided not to train, thinking he might hurt some dog shoulders going through soft snow. So we let the kids out again in the yard and had again only minor altercations. Went with Claude and Melanie Bellerive to the Charette restaurant (the only one - La Villagous) and met their friends, Marce and Giselle (Marcell has been putting in the racing trail all this week) and he told us that today he was putting in the 6 dog trail turn-around. We had pizza and laughs and I tried to get Marcel and GiGi to speak more English with me by making them comfortable talking to me (they worry so much they are making mistakes when the Quebecers speak English!)

Up this morning to feed, temperature moderate (I think we are just getting acclimated to cold - it doesn't really feel cold any more) and partly sunny - knew we didn't want to train the day before a race so we let the kids out to play again - they are really getting in to this "playtime" being free - so much that tonite when we fed at the race site, they seem wistful, wanting to be loose around the truck!! (I am sure you are asking yourself how I can imagine a dog is "wistful" - you have to be here to know) Started out packing up to go about 12, left at 1:30, got 1/2 way here to St. Luc to the race site and I looked up at the sled rack in the front of the truck and said, "Randy, did you bring the sleds?" XX00!!!!! No!!! So we turned around and finally ended up here at 3:30, fed dogs and went out on the snowmobile to look at the trail (Cold enough my cheeks were thinking "frostbite")

Oh my......there are lots and lots of 180 degree, hairpin turns!!!! Especially for Randy with 18 dogs!!! So I should have some good strories tomorrow nite. Tonite the driver's meeting and draw for the place we go out!!!

Ps: my connection cut out in the middle of my post so here it is Sat morn up at 8, feed dogs, did the "supportive" thing and went in and for the mere price of $7.50 got breakfast of egg "souffle??", beans, sausage, toast and coffee - the dogs are getting part of it!! I am pretty nervous about racing at 11a but trying not to let my stomach know!!!! Talk to you tonite or tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Mitzi Chavis said...

Hopefully the warm weather we have here doesn't make it to you. We pretty much hadn't lost much snow since you left Michigan, until yesterday. It is 44 degrees right now. There is still some snow, but it's going to be warm for two more days and I'm sure it'll be gone by then. I'm anxious to hear how your race day went. All is well with Key and me.
Hugs,
Mitzi