Thursday, March 3, 2016

It's pretty snowy and cold up here!


Thursday- haven’t done too much the last couple of days.  Monday nite after his work Claude stopped by to say that it was supposed to snow 30 cm over nite…………and he was right!!!!  It wasn’t quite as windy as over the weekend, but did it ever snow!!!!!  More than a foot!!  So we didn’t train Monday or Tuesday cause the trail groomer had been used at the race site to keep the trail up for the St. Luc race and they didn’t bring it back until Wednesday – when Randy and Hermel (Bellerive’s dog trainer) went out to groom the trail with it, the Bombadier (it’s like a bulldozer that pulls the great big groomer) quit so they had to walk back to the barn a mile on an ungroomed trail!  We went out to dinner with Claude, Renelle, Melanie and Patrick at the local restaurant and had great conversations catching up from not seeing each other for a year.
This morning Randy thought he would be trail grooming in the morning and then training the dogs – but it ended up that the Bombadier has to have new fuel filters ordered – so no grooming or training.  We are going to Melanie’s house for dinner so that’s something to look forward to.  Right now I am on my 3rd pot of rice for the dog food supplement for carbohydrates – we are trying rice instead of adding bread to the meat. 
I finally figured out how to make the DVD player work (by wonder of wonders------reading the instructions….) and then I had trouble downloading pictures from my camera to post on the blog and finally figured out where they got downloaded to and could post them.  My biggest source of frustration is a whopper………remember the great English speaking channel I found………well now when it is on that channel, the tv turns itself off ever 6 minutes, like clockwork!!!  It’s crazy!!!!!  So while watching tv I have to keep turning it on!!!!  How could that be???? And with only this one channel!!!!  If anyone out there has some thoughts I would love to hear them!!!
I noticed yesterday and today several areas on my face are peeling ………..I thought it was a bit cold when I was waiting for Randy to come in from the race course!  Must be the older and thinner your skin gets the easier you frostbite – I will be using some of my Mary Kay wonder products to try and disguise the peeling!
I am back to trying to download a picture I took of the deep snow but have been trying 2 hours and without success.  Guess I will just post this and try again later!

No comments: