Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sorry about not being able to access you.....

We arrived safely in Fairbanks with good weather and good roads until the last 30 or so miles before Fairbanks - they had a bad snow storm a few weeks ago and must not have been able to get the snow off before the trucks packed it into ice - I have the most beautiful pictures of Mt. McKinley - it was a clear sunny day and there was only a little cloud right at the peak = I kept taking pictures when I could but naturally, my camera battery was almost gone!! We made it up to Fairbanks by about 4 pm and noticed nobody was at the clubhouse - after we fed we called and left a message with Shannon Erhart the club president - went to bed thinking maybe we missed the driver's meeting - got up to a sunny morning and as soon as she came to the clubhouse, Randy asked Shannon about be entering in the 6 dog and she said there were no enterings after the driver's meeting --------- so I was out of luck..........

Spent the day helping out other ski jour, 4 dog, 6 dog and 8 dog friends including Dawn Brown, here from New York. Through all this my back had been bothering be a bit and then with all the helping i did yesterday it got suddenly worse - it was probably a blessing that I didn't have to race 3 days - I feel bad for my dogs cause they enjoy it so much but it may have been bad for me.......

We went out to dinner with Becky and Dave and mostly all the Anchorage people we know to a restaurant in Fox "Dry Gulch" - I had halibut and it was good but not still what I have been yearning for.......

So today is Saturday an I laid low in the trailer and saved all my "strength" for helping Randy train this afternoon - he was out helping everybody while I read a book - Randy trained 14 dogs and and they went very good - he even took 2 of the yearlings I had planned to use in my team and they did good for 16 miles!!

So now we are in McDonald's so I can write to you.....will write more as soon as I can!!

1 comment:

Pilot son said...

Sorry to hear that you missed your race :-( Glad to hear that you made the trip back to Fairbanks without trouble and that Dad had a good run...I think he's due for some good luck. We're looking forward to your return. I know you've got lots to do before you head home but I'm looking forward to it. Take care and be careful.

Jesse