Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is Melanie finishing yesterday - in order to get her all in and the finish arch you can't really tell it is her - she had the second fasted time yesterday with only 6 dogs and that's why she moved up into 3rd

So today was the big day for Cris (thanks Mitz for the good luck wish, it worked!!!) I was very nervous (as I always am before racing) even though I pretty much knew the course from having gone over it twice this year. I don't have my results yet but I had a clean run with 6 dogs running their little hearts out!!! Spiff, one of my leaders reached out into the snow banks to eat snow and lost his footing a couple of times and Cyber pooped and shied a bit but not too bad. The day is the warmest since we left home and feels like a heat wave - once I started pumping to help the dogs I actually started sweating! The only time I slowed them down a touch was at the road crossings cause of Cyber shying and coming down the little hill to finish on the river. I will post as soon as I know my results!!

No comments: